(This post was excerpted from a Weinig press release. Click here to read the entire article)
Weinig Powermat 700: Entry into the next generation of Weinig moulders.
Powermat 700 highlights
- 7000 rpm spindles, with optional 8000 rpm Powerlock toolholders.
- 40 meter (131 feet) per minute feed speed.
- “Comfort Set” tool free setup for the most user-friendly moulder on the market.
- “Smart Touch” function for wireless connection between machine controls and tablet.
- Photo and video functions built into the controller to help with operation and servicing.
- A redesigned sound enclosure lend a modern, striking appearance with unmistakable Weinig design.
- LED lighting in the machine interior for increased visibility inside the machine.
- Optimized working height for increased operator ergonomics.
- Optimized chip extraction and improved extraction hoses.
- Latest generation IE3 motors increase the energy efficiency of the Powermat 700.
Proven Weinig technology
The principle of only changing successful systems when there is a demonstrable effect has also been retained in the new Powermat. The machine has the Memory Plus machine control system, which ensures precision when manufacturing from saved profiles. An additional option is the PowerCom control system, including collection of machine and operating data.
On the tool side, the customer has at their disposal the PowerLock technology with its proven benefits of concentric accuracy and minimal set-up times. The solid cast-iron machine base ensures optimal smooth running of the machine.
As a complete provider in solid wood processing, Weinig also offers a system for the moulder environment. Tools, grinders, tool measurement and automation help to exploit the full performance potential. The new Weinig System Plus allows all elements from profile drawing to set-up of the Powermat 700 to be networked perfectly as required.
The new Powermat series underlines Weinig’s status as technology leader in standard machines for planing and profiling. For workshops, the new Powermat 700 entry model ensures production in Weinig quality and with optimal profitability, regardless of the batch size.
The Powermat 700 moulder has been officially launched, and are available for delivery now. If you would like to see this new machine concept in action, a machine will be in the Weinig booth at the Ligna Fair 2015 in Hannover this May.