We are proud to announce that the Center for Advanced Wood Processing (CAWP) at the University of British Columbia has just received and installed a Weinig Powermat 700 moulder at their their education and research shop in Vancouver, British Columbia.
This new Powermat 700 moulder will allow CAWP to teach their Bachelor of Science in Wood Products Processing students about the most advanced moulder technology in the industry. In addition it opens up opportunities for research projects using the Weinig Powerlock tooling system. CAWP is also committed to showcasing this new Weinig Powermat 700 to the woodworking industry in British Columbia, and all of Canada.
We look forward to working with CAWP to develop new programs based around this new technology, and we look forward to presenting the new machine at the annual CAWP open house, which will be held on January 26th, 2017.
- Increased feed speeds with even better surface finishes due to increased tool rpm.
- Comfort Set operating concept makes the Powermat 700 the most user-friendly moulder on the market.
- Improved access to the machine’s interior and all settings are made from the front side of the machine.
- Scales with measurements enable precise positioning of pressure and guide elements.
- Smart Touch function enables a wireless connection between controls and a tablet for ease of setup.
- The large front window combined with LED lighting inside provides excellent visibility.
- The table has been raised to achieve better ergonomics for the operator.
- Improved chip extraction means less dust collection power is required
- Improved chip collection and removal minimises chip impact against the work piece surface.
- The use of IE3 motors from the latest generation of motors increases energy efficiency.
- The Memory Plus control system ensures precision setups.
- The optional PowerCom control system includes collection of machine and operating data.
- PowerLock technology improves accuracy and minimises set-up times.
- And, the Powermat 700 can be configured to your own requirements with a range of options.
The Centre for Advanced Wood Processing (CAWP) is Canada’s national centre for education, training and technical assistance for the wood products manufacturing industry. CAWP offers a wide range of training courses, professional e-learning programs, in-plant training, product development, and manufacturing improvement services. We also conduct and coordinate applied research and development, and support the award-winning B.Sc. in Wood Products Processing and its cooperative education program.
Whether cutting, profiling and jointing technology or milling, drilling and gluing – the Weinig Group stands for pioneering solutions in all aspects of solid wood and panel processing. For high-performance and efficient machines and systems as well as innovative services and customised concepts that cover the entire production cycle from raw material to finished product. Optimal quality and profitability give our customers and partners in small businesses and industrial operations a decisive edge in the global competition.